1. Acquire and master one new camera.
Of the few cameras I bought last year, the one which has provided the most consistent learning curve is the Holga 120 FN. Although it has been fun to use, I'm a long way from mastery. Resolution failed.
2. Photograph for at least twice the hours spent blogging.
I'm going to use last year's calibrations to guess shooting time: 1 hr per 35mm roll, 45 minutes per 120 roll, and 2 hours per 220 roll.
In 2010 I shot 415 rolls of 35mm, 161 rolls of 120, and 27 rolls of 220 for a total of 589 hours shooting. Add a few hours to account for roughly 800 digital snapshots, and apply 10% shrinkage factor for carrying multiple cameras, and the total is roughly 560 hours of shooting. Way down from 2009.
As for the blog, I wrote 259 posts last year. Some took me 10 minutes. Some took a few hours. I'm going to blend them all together and declare a one hour average per post: 259 hours of blog writing.
560 is more than double 259. Resolution successful.
3. Self publish a book of b/w photos.
I could list excuses but the basic fact is I didn't get my shit together. Resolution failed.
My photo-related resolutions for 2011:
1. Self publish a book of b/w photos.
2. Provoke at least 15 inquiries from bystanders and/or authority figures while shooting. In other words, get nosier.
3. Get completely caught up with developing, printing, editing prints and updating the website. Currently I'm one to five months behind on each of these.
My non-photographic resolutions:
1. Get completely lost at least once.
2. Sweat daily.
3. Listen to 365 new albums
I'll check in on these a year from now. In the meantime, Happy 2011 to everyone.