Sunday, July 5, 2009

Small World

I don't mean to toot my own horn but I thought it was worth mentioning that my website got a very nice writeup recently on Hrdecknl Trpnstckzi's blog.

"Ne zamandır makinayı elime alıp birşeyler çekmediğimden olsa gerek bütün gün zamanımı fotoğraf izleyerek geçirmeye çalışıyorum!" he says, before adding, "Bir kere açık söyleyeyim acayip popüler bu aralar sokak fotoğrafçılığı. Bir kere kolay! Yani öyle görünüyor. Mekan, malzeme bol. Işık güzel, sokaklardaki gölgeler, arabalar, dumanlar, gelen-gidenler sonsuz. Ama çektiklerinin içini dolduran kim var derseniz işte o konu benim boyumu aşar. İdolü olan biri için cevaplaması zor bir soru."

Lastly, "Aşağıdaki linkler benim gezip gördüğüm, takip etmeye çalıştığım, kimi zaman burada fotoğraflarını paylaştığım street photo grup ve fotoğrafçılara ait linkler. İzlemesi bedava."

The Tower of Babel, c. 1563, Pieter Brueghel

Very kind words indeed. I'm still working out the exact translation but I'm pretty sure it means "something something something totally bitchin pictures something something". If anyone can give me the full translation, I'll send you a print.

What a small world the internet has provided for us!

6 comments:

Stella said...

Hello Blake. How about pasting this to google text translation? It might not give you the exact meaning but you can extract the gist of it.

J. Karanka said...

It's Turkish, google says:

"What is the machine I get the time and did not take something must have spent all day trying to track my time photos! Let me say once on the streets of this strange popular photography. One time easy! So it seems. The location, plenty of material. Light beautiful shadows in the streets, cars, smoke and-go from the infinite. Who got the stuff, but say they are taking about it here I exceed my boy. A difficult one to answer to the idol question. I've seen over the following links, trying to follow some time here and photographer share photos of the group photo of the street links. Tracking is free."

Blake Andrews said...

In other words, "something something something beautiful shadows something something..."

Ellen Rennard said...

I like that translation. Especially the part about smoke-and-go from the infinite. I think I've done that.

Anonymous said...

"What a small world the internet has provided for us!"

Indeed Blake. I recently found someone on a Canadian website had copied one of my images and used it as their avatar. They did give me credit though.

Jim Barnes said...

The location, plenty of material. Light beautiful shadows in the streets, cars, smoke and-go from the infinite. Who got the stuff,eminem not afraid lyrics but say they are taking about it here I exceed my boy. A difficult one to answer to the idol question.