Thursday, April 24, 2014

Not Impartial

Here are a few recent photos sent over by Richard Kalvar:







Aren't they nice? Doesn't Paris look positively dashing? By the way, he's teaching this workshop there. You might have heard about it. Yeah, I know, I know. You've heard about it. You're sick of hearing about it. And I'm sick of promoting it. But the truth is it's approaching crunch time and we need a few more students to make it happen. So this is another shameless plug, probably the last one in fact.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not just an impartial observer. I have a vested interest in actually going to Paris. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment and consider the possibilities. Possibility one is to stay in Eugene that weekend and do my normal routine. Watch my kids play soccer, clean up the basement, whatever. Possibility two is to fly to fucking Paris. Think about that for a minute. Think about you flying there too. When seen from that perspective, I think you'll excuse me for laying it on rather thick.

OK, that's enough promo for this year. I feel like I need to take a shower now.

3 comments:

Joseph Bayot said...

Pssh. Your blog. You do whatever you want! =)

I would totally be there if I had some semblance of savings.

Hope all goes well though!

Gordon said...

I like these images.

Anonymous said...

i would love to participate. But it's damn too expensive.