Saturday, October 6, 2012

I'm moving to LA

It's official. I'm moving to LA. Everything's falling into place. I bought my plane ticket today. I found some RayBans at Goodwill. Now it's just a matter of tying up a few loose ends and then packing.

My new digs just minutes from downtown! Have your people call my people.

The current plan is to move to Los Angeles November 15th. After a few days exploring the city I will move back to Eugene on November 18th.

I want to thank all the people in Eugene who've helped make my time here so special. I've made some great connections and some lifelong friends. But sometimes you just have to take that plunge into the unknown. I've reached a point in my life where I need to spread my wings, even if it's just for an extended weekend away. I know my Eugene friendships are strong enough to endure though we may be separated by thousands of miles.

While in LA I'll be staying in a budget hotel near downtown with fellow Oregon photographer Bruce Hall. We plan to spend most of our time shooting, with occasional breaks for meals and sleep, and maybe a few gallery visits. Any local photographers who want to join us for a beer or meal, or if you have special LA tips, please get in touch.

Watch out LaLa Land, here we come....

4 comments:

Chris said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50fi3MW5Spo

SERGEI POPOV said...

BlAKE ANDREW I WILL MEET YOU ATE RENE CAFE DOWN ROADF ROM HOTEL? I AM WERE BLUE SHOES AND LEATHER JACKIT/ SEE U SOON. I WANT SHOW U My LEICAMANOV RANGEfinDE CAMERAA wITH 35 TOCHKA LENS}

Blake Andrews said...

Sergei you know I don't patronize the Rene anymore. Not after what happened last time. I wish you'd be a little more thoughtful before dredging up old memories. Think, Sergei! Think like the wind.

Driver8 said...

Picking up where Winogrand left off?