Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Boys will be boys

What happens when a pack of pre-pubescent boys has free access to a digital camera and visual effects? They take self portraits, then add a bunch of cool shit like guns and sharks and lightning. Same thing you or I would've done at age 10.

I guess the results aren't too surprising, but I think there's real vitality and energy in these mashups made recently by my kids. I mean, honestly the things they come up with are completely ridiculous. No adult would ever dream of them. But that's exactly what I like best. They're completely original and unfettered, and sort of primal. They also seem a bit off-limits. These would never be allowed in school or on any other respectable photo blog.

For the record I've got three boys, ages 12, 10, and 7. These photos include them and a few friends. They used an iPad to shoot the photos, then VFX App to add effects.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is ART! :)

Ben said...

Like Dada like son!

Anonymous said...

Sould present these works to a museum

loongan said...

bloody

Anonymous said...

'murica