Sunday, October 26, 2008

Miscellaneous personal items

In response to my recent post about haunting portraits of little girls, my friend Bryan sent me this photo of his daughter Lyla. I think it's creepy enough to qualify.

Lyla Emerging from Maple by Bryan Wolf

Bryan also sent along a photo which I think is by Bahar Yurukoglu. It isn't necessarily creepy but its eponymous nature requires me to post it somewhere on my blog so here it is.

Someone please let me know if this isn't by Bahar Yurukoglu

Lastly, I've settled on my 2008 Halloween costume, shown in the quick self portrait below. The first person to correctly identify the costume's photographic reference wins a free print.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it W. Eugene Smith's "Untitled" (Pittsburgh Steel 1955)??

Anonymous said...

Is it Marc Riboud's China 1957

Anonymous said...

Number 10 in his portfolio I meant.

http://www.marcriboud.com/index.html

I note he has a few entitled China 1957

Blake Andrews said...

Congratulations, Ben. I mean it as a compliment when I say you're a true photo geek. I'll get your print out to you this week.

Anonymous said...

I take it as a compliment! Thanks Blake.

Anonymous said...

Boy, they're very similar photos.

Congrats Ben

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phil. I have his book "Photographs at Home and Abroad." Another image in that book, "Vietnam, 1976" is also similar. He seems highly underated. His work has a Magnum look but maybe he's not as much of a self-promotor (not that there's anything wrong with that) as some others. If his prints are as good as the reproductions in that book, they are special indeed.

bahar said...

The B is by me and I am Bahar. Thanks for the link. Neat blog btw.

Anonymous said...

Ben, "Vietnam 1976" is one of my favourite images. I really only heard about Marc Riboud a couple of years ago and yes, agree he seems underrated. Still, that's photography and art isn't it! Nice website you have by the way.
Best wishes
Phill

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phill. Sorry I misspelled your name.